Please Submit public feedback on the latest draft of the proposed administrative rules to govern public and commercial activities on UH -managed lands on Maunakea [Chapter 20-26, Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules].
To learn more, please review the official 30-day public notice. The notice provides several methods to allow interested persons the opportunity to submit data, views or arguments, orally or in writing, on the current draft by mail, online or at four public hearings on three islands:
- Monday, June 3, 2019, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Mānoa Elementary School, 3155 Mānoa Road, Honolulu, HI 96822
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Waiākea Elementary School, 180 W. Puainako Street, Hilo, HI 96720
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Waikoloa Elementary and Middle School, 68-1730 Hoʻoko Street, Waikoloa, HI 96738
- Friday, June 7, 2019, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Pōmaikaʻi Elementary School, 4650 S. Kamehameha Avenue, Kahului, HI 93732
Second Hearing submissions will be received from Sunday, April 28, 2019, through Friday, June 7, 2019 (the last noticed public hearing). All oral and timely submitted written submissions related to the draft rules will be considered.
- View the current draft: Proposed changes to Administrative Rules website( select “proposed”)